Yin Yoga Teacher Training Module 1 with Betty
”The Sacred Ceremony”
8th – 14th July 2024
ABOUT YIN YOGA
In Yin yoga we hold the poses for a longer time than usual, cultivating the qualities of compassionate acceptance and non-attachment, to awaken the more yin part of ourselves.
As a result, the practice turns into a powerful meditative journey and it is also one of the most effective forms of exercise in terms of body elasticity/plasticity and joint health.
- How does Yin relate to “energy”? How can it strengthen it, make it more distinct?
- How can it help us to get in touch with our true nature, or “our original medicine” and also help us bring harmony between our yin and yang nature?
- How do we learn to listen to stories, our own but also of “nature”? What could we do with stories we no longer need?
𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆
We will understand how Yin with its ancient yogic roots, can affect our physical, energetic and emotional body.
We will explore ways to lead a Yin class, incorporate Yin postures, attitudes and philosophy into any practice, and be able to hold sacred & safe space for a Yin class.
We will also share many beautiful/playful practices & rituals, to open our hearts, broaden our consciousness and enhance our experience as yoga teachers and as humans.
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 5𝟎 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐘𝐢𝐧 𝐘𝐨𝐠𝐚 𝐓𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠.
Yin Yoga is a beautiful ceremony. It vibrates in different rhythms and traditions, recites poetry, follows our heartbeat and it’s subject is always Love.
- We will share experiences and answers to the above questions, and understand how Yin with its ancient yogic roots, can affect our physical, energetic and emotional body.
- We will explore ways to lead a Yin class, incorporate Yin postures, attitudes and philosophy into any practice, and be able to hold sacred & safe space for a Yin class as well as a “sacred” Yin ceremony.
- We will also share many beautiful/playful sacred practices & rituals, to open our hearts, broaden our consciousness and enhance our experience as yoga teachers.
The Training Includes
- Practices of Love and Kindness, Practices of Self-growth: “Yin and Spiritual medicine”.
Yin & Spiritual Medicine, is inspired by psychology, counseling, Chi Qong, mindfulness and Buddhist philosophy & shamanism. It also includes singing and dancing rituals. It aims to expand our experience as human beings, yoga teachers (those who also have this role) and approach our “nature” and Life with an open and clear heart.
- The Yin practice of non-striving and how it influences our lives and our teaching.
- The movement of Qi or Prana in the body, and how it can be affected by Yin practice.
- Understanding Fascia – Theory and Techniques – Trauma & Yin Yoga.
- Yin Yoga Anatomy:
- Body movement: mechanism and limitations
- Anatomy and the understanding of our own natural pattern (li).
- Meridian theory and application.
- Yin Yoga and the five elements – Theory and practices.
- Understanding the postures and sequencing a Yin class.
- What does it mean to hold a safe, sacred space for a Yin practice.
- The qualities of authenticity, acceptance and empathy and how they can transform the way we relate to other people and also ourselves.
Betty has a University degree in Economics. She has been a high school teacher for 20 years, teaching economy, social and political science in schools and private Institutes. She began her studies at Tai Chi in 2001 and continued with a series of trainings in:
Yoga, Thai Massage, Osteothai, Cranio Sacral Therapy, Psychotherapy, Dance Therapy, therapeutic Chi Qong, Vinyana – End of Life Care.
She is a Vipassana meditator since 2008 attending annually at least one Vipassana course. She is a Councelor & Psychotherapist (Person-centered Therapy & Focusing Somatic Psychotherapy).
A) In the field of Yin Yoga she teaches:
i) The Yin Yoga TTC Module 1 ” The sacred Ceremony”,
ii) The Yin Yoga TTC Module 2 “Yin Yoga & the 5 Elements, ” together with Andreas Karousos
iii) she has been hosting her teacher Biff Mithoefer in his Yin Yoga TTC Modules for seven years
v) Betty is launching a Yin Yoga TTC Module 3 with a focus on Trauma & Fascia
B) In the field of Thai massage she teaches:
The 11 days Thai Massage Training ” Yin & Spiritual Medicine” and many smaller advance courses. She has found a unique series of techniques that are very effective and safe for the giver and the receiver.
In her seminars, she uses her voice and guitar to connect us with the sacred rhythm of the heart.
Find out more about Betty at Betty Papadopoulou – Soul Medicine School of Yoga & Thai Massage
The training is suitable for teachers and dedicated practitioners. You don’t need to be a teacher or even experienced in Yin, just come with an open heart and a willing mind.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion in a 60-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training.
For more info and registration please contact Bety at [email protected]
Start Date: 8th July at 18.00
Finish Date: 14th July at 14.00