Basic Thai Massage Course with Betty
3rd – 13th October 2024
Therapy is Love and Compassion, a change into Wholeness. Healing is a holistic phenomenon that can be experienced in all the “bodies” of a human being not only in the physical one.
In this training, we will explore the Thai Yoga Massage Techniques and principles, understand the therapeutic process through different angles, philosophies, and practices, dive deeper into love and kindness, enjoy living in a community, learn more about the discoveries of modern science and cultivate tools that will help you enter and establish yourself into the Thai Massage world.
The Thai Yoga Massage techniques are a combination of traditional Thai Massage, Basic principles of Osteopathy, and Energy work.
Different rhythms, different elements, different ways of approaching the needs of the body.
The work we will do is delicate. We will learn to see, feel, and “touch” our inner Self with love, in order to be able to touch with love another.
Together with the Thai Massage techniques, we will share many simple, playful and meaningful practices to deepen our internal experience, broaden the journey of self-growth, embody the knowledge and make it a part of our everyday life.
This seminar is suitable for beginners and more advanced practitioners who would like to dive deeper into their practice. It is essential for everyone who wants to learn the techniques and reach beyond them.
Let’s gather in a circle of Peace.
We will demonstrate the Basic Thai Massage Principles and techniques and approach them from an anatomical, physical and energetical point of view.
This will give you a strong and safe foundation as you will be able to give a full massage and touch
all parts of the body.
- We will move between Deep Static and Dynamic Thai Massage Techniques.
- I will help you explore:
– Different Thai Massage rhythms and the connection with the 5 elements, pulsation, and the “Thai Massage Dance”.
– Moving safely around the body of another and enjoying every movement.
– Basic principles and techniques of Osteopathy.
– The art of “Listening”.
– The “love touch”.
- Fascia work.
- Two essential aspects we come across in our life and our work: Therapy and Trauma. We will approach them through science and psychology.
- Surrendering to the therapeutic cycle: conditions and realizations of the somato-emotional healing process.
- The qualities of Love and Kindness, and how to apply these qualities in our massages and our everyday life.
- Meridians and the 5 Elements. Simple practices to understand and experience the 5 elements and how they express in our massages, our movement, and our life.
- The Yin practice of not – striving and how it influences our body, our life, and our massages.
- Understanding our natural pattern and how it can affect our Thai Massage work and our yoga practice.
- Practices of self-growth.
- Music, Quite Yin Practice, Primitive Dance, Singing.
Fellow co-teachers with many years of experience will assist and enrich this work!
Betty has a University degree in Economics. She has been a high school teacher for 20 years, teaching economy, social and political science in schools and private Institutes. She began her studies at Tai Chi in 2001, and continued with a series of trainings in:
Yoga, Thai Massage, Osteothai, Cranio Sacral Therapy, Psychotherapy, Dance Therapy, therapeutic Chi Qong, Vinyana – End of life Care.
She is a Vipassana meditator since 2008 attending annually at least one Vipassana course. She is a Councelor & Psychotherapist (Person-centered Therapy & Focusing Somatic Psychotherapy).
A) In the field of Thai massage she teaches:
The 11 days Thai Massage Training ” Yin & Spiritual Medicine” and many smaller advance courses. She has found a unique series of techniques that are very effective and safe for the giver and the receiver.
B) In the field of Yin Yoga she teaches:
i) The Yin Yoga TTC Module 1 ” The sacred Ceremony” ,
ii) The Yin Yoga TTC Module 2 “Yin Yoga & the 5 Elements, ” together with Andreas Karousos
iii) she has been hosting her teacher Biff Mithoefer in his Yin Yoga TTC Modules for seven years
v) Betty is launching a Yin Yoga TTC Module 3 with a focus on Trauma & Fascia
In her seminars, she uses her voice and guitar to connect us with the sacred rhythm of the heart.
Find out more about Betty at Betty Papadopoulou – Soul Medicine School of Yoga & Thai Massage
06.30 – 08.30: Morning chanting / Different morning practices / Vinyasa Flow Yoga
10.00 – 13.00: Thai Massage class
13.00: Lunch / Siesta / Beach / Pool
16.00 – 19.00: Thai Massage class
19.00: Dinner / Sauna
20.30 – 21.30: Kirtan / Yin Yoga / Dance Therapy / Chi Gong