Basic Thai Massage
Yin Yoga & Spiritual Medicine with Betty
10th – 20th October 2019
Therapy is Love and Compassion, a change into Wholeness. Healing is a holistic phenomenon that can be experienced in all the “bodies” of a human being not only in the physical one.
In this training, we will explore the Thai Yoga Massage Techniques and principals, understand the therapeutic process through different angles, philosophies and practices, dive deeper into love and kindness, enjoy living in a community, learn more about the discoveries of modern science and cultivate tools that will help you enter and establish yourself into the Thai Massage world.
The Thai Yoga Massage techniques are a combination of traditional Thai Massage, Basic principles of Osteopathy, and Energy work.
Different rhythms, different elements, different ways of approaching the needs of the body.
The work we will do is delicate. We will learn to see, feel and “touch” our inner Self with love, in order to be able to touch with love another.
Together with the Thai Massage techniques, we will share many simple, playful and meaningful practices to deepen our internal experience, broaden the journey of self-growth, embody the knowledge and make it a part of our everyday life.
This seminar is suitable for beginners and more advanced practitioners who would like to dive deeper into their practice. It is essential for everyone who wants to learn the techniques and reach beyond them.
Let’s gather in a circle of Peace.
We will demonstrate the Basic Thai Massage Principles and techniques and approach them from an anatomical, physical and energetical point of view.
This will give you a strong and safe foundation as you will be able to give a full massage and touch
all parts of the body.
- We will move between Deep Static and Dynamic Thai Massage Techniques.
- I will help you explore:
– Different Thai Massage rhythms and the connection with the 5 elements, pulsation, and the “Thai Massage Dance”.
– Moving safely around the body of another and enjoying every movement.
– Basic principles and techniques of Osteopathy.
– The art of “Listening”.
– The “love touch”.
- Fascia work.
- Two essential aspects we come across in our life and our work: Therapy and Trauma. We will approach them through science and psychology.
- Surrendering to the therapeutic cycle: conditions and realizations of the somato-emotional healing process.
- The qualities of Love and Kindness, and how to apply these qualities in our massages and our everyday life.
- Meridians and the 5 Elements. Simple practices to understand and experience the 5 elements and how they express in our massages, our movement, and our life.
- Yin Yoga.
- The Yin practice of not – striving and how it influences our body, our life, and our massages.
- Understanding our natural pattern and how it can affect our Thai Massage work and our yoga practice.
- Practices of self-growth.
- Music, Quite Yin Practice, Primitive Dance, Singing.
Fellow co-teachers with many years of experience will assist and enrich this work!
Betty was born in Greece in 1970. She was a high school teacher for 12 years teaching finance and social science. She first started practicing Tai Chi in 2001. Her teacher introduced her also to the “art of touch” and to Thai Massage. She attended her first full Thai Yoga Massage Beginners course in 2008 and continued her training and research through a great number of Thai Yoga Massage, Osteothai, Chi Nei Tsang and CranioSacral Therapy courses and trainings throughout the world.
Since then she is also making long personal research about Therapy and Wholeness, the understanding of therapy as a holistic approach. She has been assisting Takis Oikonomou for many years in Greece and abroad where she is also giving workshops. Since 2008 she is practicing Vipassana Meditation. She started practicing Hatha Kriya Yoga in 2004 and since then has been attending numerous seminars and training courses all over the world. At 2011 she did her TTC at Yin Yoga with her teacher and friend Biff Mithoefer, and since 2013 they are working together for his TTC’s in Greece.
Betty is teaching the Module 1 Yin Yoga TTC “The sacred ceremony.” She has practiced contemporary dance for six years, continues her research in life through Dance Therapy Schools, “Gestalt Institute of San Francisco,” “End of Life Care.” She feels inspired by many philosophies and cultures, especially Buddhism and Indigenous Traditions. She has been giving massages in a camp with indigenous people in Canada B.C. and Uganda.
She wishes to teach and live in a way that empowers the yin energies to sprout and bring more balance and peace to the Global community of Souls. Betty uses her drum, guitar, and voice to connect with the clear rhythm of the heart. She spent four years cooperating with indignant people in Uganda and Burundi in which they created a “You Create Your Reality Program, through Creative Arts and Educational Programs” for the children and the youth of the area.
Find out more about Betty on her website: Betty Papadopoulou – Soul Medicine School of Yoga & Thai Massage
06:30 – 08:30 : Morning chanting / Different morning practices / Vinyasa Flow Yoga
08:30 : Breakfast
10:00 – 13:00 : Thai Massage class
13:00 : Lunch / Siesta / Beach / Pool
16:00 – 19:00 : Thai Massage class
19:00 : Dinner / Sauna
20:30 – 22:00 : Kirtan / Yin Yoga / Dance Therapy