Bodywork during Pregnancy course with Almuth & Anima
to get in touch with the mother and the unborn child
5th – 11th September 2020
Receiving mindful touch increases body awareness that is very much needed in a time of constant transformation like a pregnancy. Bodywork is a precious gift and a beautiful way to accompany and nurture mothers to be and to strengthen their connection to the unborn child.
Embark with us on this journey into the universe of static-dynamic Thai Yoga Massage in combination with acupressure & simple osteopathic techniques. This training will enable deeper listening and somatic pregnancy understanding in order to offer holistic bodywork during pregnancy confidently.
The course is directed to all bodywork practitioners, who completed a Basic Thai Massage Course of 7+ days (doesn’t matter which school or teacher) or any equivalent courses of other forms of bodywork as well as midwives or doulas.
The course is held in English.
This course offers:
- an overview of the anatomical and physiological changes during the different trimesters of pregnancy and the resultant specific needs, problems, and contraindications related to bodywork
- a sweet repertoire of Thai Massage techniques mainly for side- and (half)/seated position
- how to get “in touch” with the unborn child
- principles of facia and craniosacral work to cultivate a deeper listening and guidelines for the integration of these tools into your pregnancy-massage
- clarity on pregnancy-related acupressure points and their indications/contraindications in regard to the duration of pregnancy
- basic osteopathic tests for the pelvis that help you to determine which structures of your client can benefit of your support through touch
This course includes meditation, movement, self-massage and of course lots of bodywork practice time.
Anima Schmitz-Salue ( Lic.Ac.)
Anima is a midwife, acupuncturist, and mother of two with a background in Thai Yoga Massage.
In all these different states of being and doing, she enjoys the gift of observing and understanding the natural cycles. She draws from her experience to highlight connections, interrelations and movements within and in-between these cycles.
Her fascination with the body and its ability to change, adapt, connect and move gives her food for learning for a lifetime.
Almuth is an AcroYoga, Yoga and Thai Massage teacher, passionate bodyworker (Thai Yoga Massage/Osteothai) and osteopath in training at the Swiss International College of Osteopathy. She never gets tired to keep studying to deepen her understanding for the miracles of the human body.
“I love to connect with people of all ages – from kids to grandparents – because I learn so much about life, movement and healing arts by observing and serving the different needs and skills of every single being. To watch people gaining trust, expanding their spectrum of movements and communication, deepening connections and rediscovering playfulness means a world to me and makes me happy.”
More info about Almuth: https://almuthkramer.com/
08:00 – 09:00 Yoga/Movement/Meditation
09:00 – 10:30 Breakfast
10:30 – 13:30 Main class – Session 1
13:30 – 16:00 Lunch & siesta
16:00 – 19:00 Main class – Session 2
19:00 – 20:00 Dinner
20:00 – 21:30 Self practice/ steambath / sunset at the beach or free time
22:30 Quiet time